Chalk up another investigative journalist, one of the last of a dying breed, the best have which have been sacrificed by the evil sorcerers in uniform to keep America calm so we don’t have to confront the stinking rot of corruption that fills their corridors of power. I have to wonder if this death was an accident.
Let us count the ways:
1) no skid marks
2) engine and drive train 200 feet behind rest of car
3) police and fire dept. told not to comment on case to press
4) car manufacturer offered free consulting with their engineers to better understand fire but was ignored
5) Hastings had just told people he was on a big story
6) Hastings had been warned if Pentagon didn’t like his story on Iraq, they “would hunt him down and kill him” and that story actually got a general fired
7) the car fire was far too hot to be just regular car fire
According to his brother, however, Hastings was in the midst of a drug-induced bipolar meltdown. Since there are so few investigative journalists left in American, it’s always sad when we lose one, whatever the reason.